Alcohol & Medicine: Past, Present & Future
MCA Symposium, 15.11.17, British Medical Association
On 15th November 2017, on the 50th anniversary of the MCA, we are holding a symposium on Alcohol and Medicine; past present and future at BMA house in London. In keeping with our approach, we are delighted to have world class speakers covering the key areas of alcohol related harm and effective management. The opening talk will be given by MCA president Professor Sir Michael Marmot on public health and epidemiology. The Max Glatt memorial lecturer will be Professor Jonathan Shepherd who has had a ground-breaking career linking from accident and emergency departments to other sectors to prevent alcohol related harm. During the day there will talks by leaders in their fields on the liver, on medical treatments, on psychological therapies and on neuropsychiatric approaches in relation to alcohol.
A unifying and unique feature of the MCA symposium is its appeal across specialties and across disciplines, to practionners, researchers and students. This historic symposium will be of interest to health professionals from all backgrounds who are interested in addressing alcohol related health harm.
- Great networking potential with a range of different healthcare professionals with an interest in alcohol related health harm
- CPD approved educational event
- Cross-specialty programme delivered by internationally known expert speakers
- Meet a range of exhibitors showcasing the latest products and innovations
Please click on the links below for more information and to book:
- Speaker Information
- Booking & Prices
- Power Point Presentations (The powerpoint presentations will be available after the event).
- Sponsorship Opportunities & exhibitor information Every year we are grateful for all the organisations that support our event by sponsoring it or exhibiting at it.
For more information please contact Veronica Haag directly or call the MCA office (020 7487 4445)