The Medical Council on Alcohol (MCA)
Welcomes members including doctors from all specialities, nurses, medical students and health professionals allied to medicine
- Symposium 2018 booking now open
- The Winners of this year's MCA Legacy Essay Competition have been announced. Click here to view this year's winners.
- The Alcohol and Alcoholism Journal has just published an article on the 50th Anniversary Witness Seminar, held last year. Click here to read the article.
MCA Vision & USP
Our vision is to have a workforce of health professionals educated and supported to reduce health harm from alcohol.
The MCA is an independent charity of health professionals from all medical specialties, without links to the government or the alcohol industry. We are dedicated to improving the understanding and management of alcohol-related health harm.
- We aim to ensure that all doctors, medical students, nurses and other professionals allied to medicine understand the risks to their patients from alcohol and act effectively to prevent and manage these.
- We work with health care professionals to increase their understanding of the risks associated with their own alcohol consumption and of the measures to address these.
- We promote scientific advancement in the understanding, prevention and management of alcohol related harm through our Journal and other publications and activities.
- We work with organisations on public health and policy interventions to reduce alcohol related harm.
MCA Contact Details
Address: 5 St Andrew's Place, London, NW1 4LB
Tel: 020 7487 4445 / Email
For more information click here.