2019 MCA Symposium
Alcohol and Addiction: Policies, Strategies and Competencies
This year's MCA Symposium is taking place on the 13th of November 2019 at the BMA.
The full day programme will cover the topic of alcohol and health from a number of perspectives, including the relationship between addiction and alcohol, educating medical students at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, student mental health, training in addiction medicine and alcohol and the liver.
This year's Max Glatt memorial lecturer is Professor Nick Sheron.
effective policy influencer to support minimum unit pricing. We are proud to announce the following speakers:
- Professor Julia Sinclair, Professor of Addiction Psychiatry, University of Southampton.
- Dr Tony Rao, Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist working at North Southwark Community Mental Health Team for Older Adults
- Professor Sir John Strang, Head of the Addictions Department and Leader of the Addictions CAG (Clinical Academic Group) of Kings Health Partners AHSC (Academic Health Science Centre).
- Dr Carmel Clancy, Professor, Mental Health & Social Work, Middlesex University
- Mark Holmes, Blenheim CDP
- Adrian Jugdoyal, Lecturer, West London University
- Iain Armstrong, Alcohol Programme Manager, Public Health England
There will be a dedicated session for nursing colleagues, focusing on competencies, highly relevant given the expansion of Alcohol Care Teams in hospitals.The day will also include clinical and research perspectives and the content will be of relevance to all health professionals working in the alcohol and health field.
To view the programme, click here